From donations to sponsorship, we seek to uplift the Fairbanks community.
We believe community contributions of all kinds are important, which is why we have made donations to dozens of organizations and events: Fairbanks Ice Dogs, Alaska Nanooks, Yukon Quest, Alaska Goldpanners, Fairbanks Youth Soccer Association, the UAF School of Management and more.
Spirit of Alaska also contributes to our schools and provides support for great non-profits such as the Fairbanks Resource Agency and Fairbanks Youth Advocates/The Door who are working hard to improve our community and make life here in Fairbanks better for everyone.
Making a difference in the place we live and love
- Provide major sponsorship to iconic Fairbanks organizations
- Support our school system & sports teams
- Provide in-kind banner printing and advertising to non-profits
- Display local events on our Johansen video board
- Provide free financial education opportunities to schools and organizations
"Thank you so much for going above and beyond to help us with our banners. We appreciate it so much!!"The Joel's Place Crew
Spirit of Alaska started an effort in 2019 to provide bikes for kids, and we call it Cheers for Gears! Spirit of Alaska identifies partners in the community who can nominate deserving kids to receive a bike. Purchased bikes are built by Spirit of Alaska staff and donated to the nominated kids. The program was interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, but resumed in 2022.
Cheers for Gears Partner
In 2019 and 2022, Spirit of Alaska partnered with the FNSBSD Summer Elementary Academy of Science and Technology (EAST) Program to identify kids who need a bike.
Spirit of Alaska Federal Credit Union got its start as a caring credit union founded by teachers. We continue to support our schools and the university through our business partnerships in the past and moving forward.
We also provide free financial education curriculum through Banzai! to select schools in the area, as well as regularly attending Get Real Financial Reality Fairs in concert with other business volunteers.
Primary School Partnerships
- Hunter Elementary School (Gal’s Read Program Volunteers, Banzai! Partnership, Class Presentations)
- Pearl Creek Elementary School (Banzai! Partnership)
- Ryan Middle School (Banzai! Partnership)
- Randy Smith Middle School (Banzai! Partnership, Class Presentations)
- Joy Elementary (Food Pantry Drive)
- Nordale Elementary (Food Pantry Drive, Gal’s Read Program Volunteer)
- Lathrop High School (Get Real Financial Reality Fair Volunteer, Graduation Party Donation, Banzai! Partnership)
- North Pole High School (Banzai! Partnership, Graduation Party Donation)
- West Valley High School (Get Real Financial Education Fair Volunteers, Banzai! Partnership, Graduation Party Donation)
- Hutchison Highschool (Graduation Party Donation, Get Real Financial Reality Fair Volunteer, Banzai! Partnership)
- Eielson High School (Banzai! Partnership)
- Catholic Schools of Fairbanks (Career Fair, Banzai! Partnership, Graduation Donations)
Thank you for the generous contribution that you made to make the graduation celebration a huge success. The donation helped to provide some amazing gifts for the graduates. – Monroe Class of 2018
University School Partnerships
- UAF School of Management Business Leader of the Year Awards Banquet
- UAF School of Management Virtual Reality Lab
- UAF Student Investment Fund
- UAF School of Management Professionally Prepared Program
- UAF Science Lecture Series
- UAF Science Potpourri
- Theatre UAF & Film
- UAF Nanooks Sports
We are proud to provide major support to these events in the community in the past or currently through in-kind and monetary donations, as well as volunteering from our employees.
- Fairbanks Ice Dogs
- Face-Off Circles Sponsor
- Alaska Nanooks
- Yukon Quest
- Fairbanks Goldpanners
- Foul Ball Sponsor
- Fairbanks Youth Soccer Association
- Food Truck Rally Sponsor for 2018 & 2019
- 2018-2019 Interior Youth Basketball Teams Sponsor
- Senior, Major & Minor Boys
- Minor Girls
Past & Present Additional Community Support
The following organizations received support in the past, or are continuing to receive support and contributions:
- North Pole Championships
- Staley Cup
- Arctic Winter Games
- Hockey Week in Fairbanks
- Eclipse Soccer
- Fairbanks Youth Soccer Association
- Alaska International Senior Games
- West Valley Boys Soccer
- North Pole Junior Sled Dog Races
- Fairbanks Resource Agency
- Breast Cancer Research Center
- Fairbanks Counseling & Adoption
- Salvation Army – Angel Trees
- Alaska Center for Children and Adults
- Future Farms of America
- Fairbanks Community Food Bank
- Interior Green Star
- Immaculate Conception Soup Kitchen
- The Door- Youth Advocacy
- Carol Brice Center
- Companion’s Inc
- Youth Safety Day Major Sponsorship
- Ice Alaska Major Sponsorship
- Christmas in Ice
- Plenty for All Thru Art
- Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce
- This Generation Ministries & Camp Nashii
- Fairbanks Sweet Adelines
- Alaska Peace Officers Association Farthest North Chapter
- Fraternal Order of Alaska State Troopers
- Fairbanks Community Cooperative Market
- Opera Fairbanks
- Northland Youth Choir
While our budget is limited, we do consider every written request. You can fill out our online Donation Request Form, or submit a request to:
Karalee Watts, Marketing Director
Spirit of Alaska Federal Credit Union
1417 Gillam Way
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of programs/events does Spirit of Alaska FCU support?
Spirit of Alaska supports a wide variety of organizations, services, and non-profits in the Greater Fairbanks area. Generally, our goal is to make financial or in-kind contributions that are supported by our members. We started as a teacher’s credit union in 1960 and so education-based organizations and events are important to us.
Who can apply for a donation/sponsorship?
Our budget is very limited, but we do consider every submitted written request. Educational and Service-oriented groups and events are given top-most consideration.
Do you give monetary contributions or in-kind?
We prefer to give in-kind contributions and can offer support marketing to your campaign or event. Monetary support is most commonly given to charitable groups, services, or educational events.
- What kinds of programs/events does Spirit of Alaska FCU support?