It’s important to notify us whenever you’re traveling. This prevents your card from being accidentally blocked, and ensures you can use it uninterrupted throughout your trip.
Travel includes driving into Canada; we often see fraud coming out of Canadian provinces
We often recommend our members try a Pre-Paid Visa card to provide easy access to funds while traveling.
How to Notify Us About Your Travel Plans
Please provide a valid travel phone number for us to contact you in case we or VISA need to verify a purchase on your card that may look suspicious due to your new location.
To notify us of your travel plans, you can:
- Visit a branch
- Call us at (907) 459-5900
- Message your travel details through e-Teller. e-Teller verifies your identity at log in, so it is a secure channel to communicate. Use the “Message” link in the upper right hand corner of e-Teller.
Include these details in your notification:
- All travel locations (this includes counties in Canada)
- Dates and duration at each location
- If any in the travel party are joint-account holders, include their name.
- A good contact phone number
After notification of travel, we will arrange any necessary exceptions to fraud restrictions in your itinerary, and explain any ATM restrictions you might encounter.