This event has concluded. See our Prestige Program Page for information on upcoming events.
Come out to Paws for Adventure for the dogsled ride of your life!
Paws for Adventure (see their website here) will be hosting Prestige Members, family and friends at their wonderful facility off Chena Hot Springs Road.
Prestige Members will need to bring $20 for a 5 mile ride through the spruce forest behind a pack of eager sled dogs! With a normal cost of $75 for the ride, Spirit of Alaska is so excited to offer this unique experience in the Alaskan wilderness at a reduced rate!
Date: March 1st, 2019
Mushing goes for: 1:30 pm – 3:30pm
Please RSVP your attendance to the Paws for Adventure event by Monday, February 25th at the latest. RSVP is required to attend.
Not interested in a sled dog ride, but love the dogs? Feel free to come out during the event and interact with the dogs in the kennel and talk with professional mushers about their experiences on the trail. Make sure to wear something you don’t mind getting doggy!
Parking, amenities and refreshments will be available at the Paws for Adventure Kennel, as well as a place to warm up and rest. Please plan to wear clothing appropriate for outdoor activities and contact with sled dogs.
Directions to Paws for Adventure: (click for Google Map)
- Go North on Steese Hwy to Chena Hot Springs Rd.
- Take a right off exit and go 5.5 miles to Herning Rd. (watch for little green mile markers).
- Take a right on Herning Rd. (see blue DOT directional sign before turn.)
- Go approximately 3/4 miles to near end of Herning Road – see Paws for Adventure sign on the right at gate (across the street from George Rd.)
- Take a right and travel down the hill to kennel area, keep going straight ahead (approx. 1/4 mile to kennel)
*4 WD vehicle suggested
Additional Details (Updated):
- Spirit of Alaska will only subsidize 1 ride for each registered Prestige Member.
- Prestige Members are welcome to bring a friend or family members to the event, but any rides for non-Prestige members will be at full short tour price of $65 (large group rate)
- Children may ride at half price for $37.50
- RSVP required to attend the event