Spirit of Alaska has implemented a major upgrade to our mobile app on Monday, October 19th as a part of the New e-Teller. This update is available for download.Download Update
Managing your bank account is quick and easy with mobile banking offered by Spirit of Alaska. Stay in control of your account when it is convenient for you, 24/7. (At least when you are lucky enough to have a signal here in Alaska!)
Available for iPhone and Android OS, our mobile app lets you check balances and pay bills right on your smartphone. Plus, with TouchID and FaceID easily and securely access your accounts using biometrics.
Text Banking & Alerts
In our online banking application, e-Teller, you can setup your mobile phone to use text banking and receive text alerts.
Manage your Spirit of Alaska accounts from a mobile device
- Mobile app provides fast, easy, and secure access from Apple and Android devices (see updates)
- Access 24/7 to check balances, transfer funds and pay bills with Bill Pay
- Make Spirit of Alaska loan and credit card payments
- Use TouchID and FaceID for simple access to the mobile app
- From e-Teller, setup text banking and text alerts to your mobile phone
"Thank you SoA! Sign on was straight forward...and I greatly appreciate the level of security. Statements review was also easy. While there is no substitute for the personal touch that we have appreciated so much over the years we recognize that e-banking is inevitable. May there always be jobs for the bankers and tellers."- D.F.
Our Click-Thru Demos let you experience our mobile app with a few clicks.
NOTE: When the Mobile Banking Demo comes up, click the logo, and enter any word into the username and password fields. Then click login to start! We don’t recommend entering any current username or password into the demo.
Check out these helpful videos that walk through every area of our Mobile App!
Generally, if you are having trouble with updating our mobile app, or logging in, we recommend:
- Check on spiritofak.com for notice that online banking is down for maintenance
- If not, delete the app’s cache in your settings
- Uninstall the app completely, and reinstall
Mobile App Disclosures
Android Mobile App requires Android 4.4 and up. Apple Mobile App requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
TouchID available for iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X or Samsung Galaxy S7+. FaceID available for iPhone X.
To use the forgot password link, you must have setup 2-step verification in e-Teller.
Text Banking Disclosures
Message and data rates may apply. Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do first time users log into the e-Teller Mobile app?
Your Login ID and Password are the same for your e-Teller Mobile app as they are when you access e-Teller through a web browser.
- When you open up the app, you will be presented with User ID and Password fields.
- Enter your username and password, click the Save ID button,
- Click Log In
*The first time you access the Mobile App, you will have to enter your User ID. After that, the app remembers the ID and you will only have to enter your password.
How do I setup TouchID or FaceID?
TouchID is available for a variety of phones and devices, including Samsung, iPhones and Pixel phones. Here’s the full list of supported devices.
To setup your TouchID:
- On the bottom left, under Log In, is an icon for TouchID
- Click on TouchID to start the setup.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Turn on the TouchID setting in the app when prompted.
- Access your app with your fingerprint the next time you need to check your accounts!
Anytime you change devices, you will need to setup TouchID again. If you want to stop using TouchID, go to More settings, and turn it off.
If you haven’t setup your TouchID on your phone, the app will prompt you to set it up if you start the process within the app.
FaceID is only available for iPhone X. TouchID will not be available in the app for iPhone X users.
With TouchID or FaceID enabled, the app will require you to enter your password again to transfer money between your accounts as an additional security measure.
I forgot my username or password. Can I recover them with the app?
Yes, you can recover your username or reset your password from the Mobile App.
- Click the “Trouble logging in?” link on the app’s home screen
- Choose “Recover User ID” or “Reset password”
- Follow the prompts for 2-step verification.
See our Video Library for useful tutorials on retrieving your username or password.
Can I update my password from the mobile app?
- Login to the app
- Choose “More”
- Choose “Change password”
- Follow the prompts to change your password.
What is Instant Balance?
This feature gives you the ability to look at balances for up to 5 accounts at a glance without signing into your mobile app. For security purposes, there is a one-time set up that is required when you are logged into your mobile app. Click More at the bottom of the app and then go to Instant Balance Settings.
How do I use Text Message Banking?
You will receive a text message as soon as you select and configure Text Banking in e-Teller. Here’s a few steps to get you started:
- Set up your texting nicknames on your accounts when prompted in e-Teller.
- Expect to receive a text message with your mobile banking short code and texting commands. The text messaging number to access your accounts is 28369.
- The commands you can use to access your accounts via text include:
- Text ‘BAL’ for your balances
- Text ‘HIST’ and your account’s texting nickname for a list of transactions (ex. HIST C1)
- Text HELP for help and instructions
- Text STOP if you want to stop using Text Banking at any time.
How do I set up mobile alerts on my accounts?
- After you have registered for Alert Banking and the Mobile e-Teller app, use the Alerts management features on your desktop e-Teller to set up specific mobile alerts in the Alerts area.
- To begin receiving alerts on your phone, you’ll need to specify the account and choose the type of alerts you’d like to receive.
I have a business e-Teller account, can I use Mobile e-Teller?
Yes, your business accounts can be accessed in the Mobile App.
Why can I only see 30 days of history through my Mobile e-Teller?
Mobile e-Teller is designed to give you quick glance access to your banking information.It is not meant for generating reports or reconciling. If you need to access more historical data or generate reports, please log onto your e-Teller through a web browser.
Why can't I do everything on my Mobile e-Teller app that I can do when I access e-Teller through a web browser?
We are continually improving access on our Mobile App. New features will be added to the app periodically.
How do I transfer between my deposit accounts?
Once you are in the Mobile e-Teller app, touch the Transfer button on the bottom or top of your phone screen. Choose the “from” and “to” accounts and amount and click the Transfer button. A pop up screen will come up so you can verify and confirm the transfer. Once you have confirmed the information is correct, click the Confirm button. If you need to make changes, click the Edit button.
How do I make a loan payment?
Once in the Mobile e-Teller app, touch the Transfer button on the bottom or top of your phone. Choose the “from” and “to” accounts and type in the amount. Then, click the Continue button. A pop-up screen will come up so you can verify and confirm the transfer. Once you have double-checked the information is correct, click Confirm. If you need to make changes, click Edit and follow the prompts again.
How do I access my bill pay account?
Once you are in the Mobile e-Teller app, touch the Payments button on the bottom of your phone. Click Make a Payment to access your billers.
How do I make a payment through my bill pay account?
- Once you are in the Mobile e-Teller app, touch the Payments button on the bottom of your phone.
- Click Make a Payment to access your Billers.
- Click on the Biller you want to make a payment to. Choose the From account (if you have multiple accounts you pay bills from).
- Enter an amount for the payment and a payment due date.
- Click Pay when you have filled out the required fields. A pop-up screen will come up so you can verify and confirm the transfer.
- Once you have confirmed the information is correct, click Confirm. If you need to make changes, click the Edit button and follow the prompts again.
*Currently, the Mobile e-Teller app does not support adding new billers. You will have to go into a web browser to add new billers to Bill Pay.
How do I log off of the Mobile e-Teller app?
Touch the More…button on the bottom or top of your phone. Click on the Log Out icon. A pop-up screen to verify “are you sure? will appear. Click Yes to log off.
- How do first time users log into the e-Teller Mobile app?